Saturday, June 30, 2018

Thinx 102: A verse a day? Not quite.


"I have told you these things so that my joy may be in you, and your joy may be complete. My commandment is this - to love one another just as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this - that one lays down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you."
Jesus did as his Father commanded him. He was always perfectly obedient to his Father. We must behave in like manner, doing as Jesus commands. This is what is expected of us as disciples, as apprentices, of Christ, And where do we find his commands? In the Bible. So study it diligently.

By studying God’s word, I don’t mean just reading a verse out of the Bible App on your phone at breakfast every morning saying, “There I’ve done my Bible bit for today.” Think about the passage and ask yourself questions about it. In Psalm 119:18 it says,
“Open my eyes so I can truly see the marvelous things in your law!”
So ask God to reveal himself as you read his word. And ask yourself questions of the text. For example,
  • What is the context of the passage?
  • What does the passage tell me about God?
  • What does the passage tell me about myself?
  • What does this tell me of the past, the present and the future?
  • Do I need to repent of something
  • What should I take from this into the day ahead?


© Copyright , 2018

No comments: